AGRISUD International (AGRISUD), French Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization partners with Green Community Development Association (GCDA), a Lao Non-Profit Association (NPA) to implement a project – Forestry and Agro-ecology in Lao Rural Uplands Phase 2 (FORAE 2) in Viengkham District, Luang Prabang Province. The project’s specific objective is to “strengthen the agrienvironmental and socio-economic dynamics brought by the actors of the territories in order to promote a sustainable family farming”.
We are urgently looking for a qualified staff member to be based full-time in Viengkham district, Luang Prabang Province.
Agronomist’s main responsibilities:
- Participate in the identification of sustainable agricultural practices to promote, value-chains to strengthen and production systems to improve, in a participatory way;
- Participate in the capacity building of DAFO (District Agriculture and Forestry Office) staff in agricultural practices and training methodology;
- Contribute to the development of training modules, protocols for agriculture;
- Contribute to the development of communication and training tools for agriculture practices;
- Support the set-up and follow-up of farmer groups on specific value-chains;
- Follow-up the field activities implemented by the DAFO technicians, advice and report on the activity implementation; and
- Support the set-up and the implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation system on the agricultural component of the project.
Qualification and skills required:
- English or French speaker (fluently);
- Agronomist or agricultural engineering diploma;
- Team management capacity;
- Good pedagogical skills;
- Ability to work on the field;
- At least 2-3 years of experience within national or international NGO; and
- Khmu language speaker an asset.
Interested applicants should send their CVs and a cover letter no later than the 20th July 2019 to Ms. Oudone Keomany at [email protected]. For more information you may contact us at office telephone: 030-596-6641 or mobile number: 020-5570-1388; 189-15 Phonsay Village, Saysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.