- To strengthen knowledge and experience sharing on agroecology according to topics of interest raised by ALiSEA members;
- To encourage informal exchanges and foster learning among ALiSEA members; and
- To increase the visibility of agroecological initiatives. ALiSEA network has been held on the ALiSEA Network – thematic green talk – the series in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.
The 2nd thematic meeting in Cambodia
2nd ALiSEA Network thematic session in Cambodia has been held on 18 February 2022, with the topic on “chicken production and value chain”. There were about 37 participants from research center, NGOs, International NGOs, University lecturers, young farmers…. participating in the event. With the 3 speakers to shared their experiences as:
- Mr. Hy Sothy, Tropaing Sror Nge Agricultural Cooperative in Tramkak of Takeo province, presented on a topic of “Collective Business as Chicken Food Production and Value Chain”
- Mr. Chhong Sopha, program leader of Farmer and Nature Net Association, had a speech on the topic of “Value chain of chicken production in Kandal, Kampong Thom, Takeo, and Svay Rieng province”
- Dr. Nhem Sareth, Country Director of Heifer International Organization had presented on a topic of “Chicken Value Chain”
Note of the meeting is available to download here:
The 2nd thematic meeting in Laos
2nd ALiSEA Network thematic session in Laos has been held on 11 February 2022, with the topic on “Organic Farming and Certification”. There were about 37 participants from research center, NGOs, International NGOs, University lecturers, young farmers…. participating in the event. With the 3 speakers to shared their experiences as:
- Ms. Khammone Luanglath, President of Thongmang organic agricultural cooperative, exchanged on a topic of “organic vegetable garden management to qualify for organic certification”
- Monthida SISOMPHOU, Technical staff of Standard &Certification Division – MAF, presented on a topic of “The steps involved in the organic certification process, standard and expenses”
- Ms. Sodsuda Oudomsouk, Paek DAFO, project coordinator with SAEDA, sharing: Extension work on organic farming with farmers in northern Laos
Here is the link to the video recorded:
Documents that have supported the discussions are available for download below:
- Lao Certification Body: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- ແຈ້ງການຄ່າທຳນຽມ&ບໍລິການ ກວດກາຢັ້ງຢືນOA&GAP.2021
- Certification System-2Y
- Munite of the meeting _ Lao version
The 2nd thematic meeting in Vietnam
On 24th September, ALiSEA, PGS Vietnam and Seed to table has been held the 2nd thematic session on “sharing knowledge on organic agriculture production – Participatory Guarantee Systems (PGS)”. There were about 50 participants from research center, NGOs, International NGOs, University lecturers, young farmers…. participating in the event.
In this event, there were 3 speakers to shared their experiences as:
- Ms. Tu Tuyet Nhung is the president of PGS Vietnam, one of the people who laid the foundation for the development of the PGS (Participatory Guarantee System) in Vietnam since 2008. Up to now, there are nearly 300 farmer households involved in the organic PGS production network with a total area of more than 40 hectares, creating a supply network to distribute organic PGS vegetable into 3 supermarkets and 87 outlets in Hanoi and Neighbour cities
- Ms. Mayu Ino is the Director of Seed to Table, a Japanese NGO. She has introduced about PGS to many different locals including Northern mountainous area (Tan Lac District, Hoa Binh Province and Mekong Delta (Ben Tre Province and Dong Thap Province) since 2012. She has supported small scale farmers and local officials in three different provinces to build PGS, to train farmers, to develop organic processed food, and to improve market access. Also, she has cooperated with professional chefs and school teachers to promote organic farming, indigenous seeds, and traditional food.
- Ms. Hoang Thi Nga is the leader of Phu Ngoc Group of Luong Son Organic Inter Group, she started participating in organic in 2016 and the group was officially recognized PGS in 2018. She is both the leader and the person who transports the products organic to companies, shops. Currently, the group has 8 members with a total area of 1ha.
Presentations that have supported the discussions are available for download below:
- PARTICIPATORY GUARANTEE SYSTEM (PGS) “Management and certification”, Tu Tuyet Nhung – PGS Vietnam
- Development of PGS and environmental education for Development of PGS and environmental education for children in Ben Tre and Dong Thap Provinces – Challenges and opportunities, MAYU INO – Seed to Table
- Note of the meeting