To contribute to the implementation of FLEGT Programme of Government of Laos (GoL) in addressing world concerns related illegal logging and timber trading, with supports from FAO-EU-FLEGT Programme, the Environment Conservation and Community Development Association (ECCDA), a Lao CSO, is implementing a Pro-FLEGT project that will pilot the legality requirements for timber coming from smallholder plantation (TLD 3) and village use forest (TLD 4) for no-commercial purposes., while aiming at increasing their legal knowledges and benefits gained from VPA process. The project will be piloted in total 3 target villages of Mahaxay and Yommalath districts of Khammoune province in a total period of 12 months. To fulfil the project objectives, there is a need to hire a local FLEGT expert who shall provide technical services on a part-time basis.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Contribute to the preparation of project inception report, progress reports, and final report;
- Provide information and guidance to the Project Manager and key project personal on issues related to FLEGT.
- Contribute to the preparation of the training for the project team and villagers in the target villages ,and working closely with the Project manager , and ECCDA’s Consultant during the design, implementation and analysis of the Situational Assessment;
- Contribute to the development of the draft Registration guidelines for plantation for smallholder farmers/ tree growers, report – registration process or requirements for the non-commercial use of timber from village use forest and Public consultation reports preparation and presentation.
- Involve in the Inception report, final meeting report and with planned outreach materials project communication plan.
- Prepare training modules and deliver trainings on FLEGT and related subjects;
- Participate in overall project monitoring.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Have at least a Bachelor Degree in forestry or forest governance. Candidates with experiences related to FLEGT would be a plus;
- Have at least 5 years’ experience of work on FLEGT in Lao PDR or the region on issues related to forest management, governance, timber processing and law enforcement;
- Experience working with the NPAs and communities on PLUP and legal work would be a plus;
- Have a demonstrated knowledge and experience in field data collection and analysis and report writing;
- Good presentation and communication skills;
- Proficient in English
DURATION OF CONTRACT
Duration of the contract will be for thirty (37) days over a duration of 3 – 5 months
The expert is required to work both in Vientiane as well as in the field as needed
SUPPERVISION AND REPORT
The consultant will work under direct supervision of the Consultant of ECCDA as well as the Project Manager.
Interested candidates (male or female) are invited to submit personal applications with detailed CV via email to: [email protected] by 10 June 2019. Candidates will be assessed and selected through a transparent and competitive process.
For more information:
Mrs. Khankham Douangsila, Consultant of ECCDA, Email: [email protected]; Mobile phone: 020 220005577