original source: laofab.org
June 3rd, 2020 SSWG on Agrobiodiversity update participants on the Lao PDR “Green and Sustainable Agriculture Policy Framework Discussions.
The main activity of the SSWG will be to build on the Green and Sustainable Agriculture Framework by means of analyzing and documenting the success factors for the commercialization efforts by the private sector for three ABD-based products, specifically: Houaphanh shaded coffee, wild tea, and river weed. The intent is that this documentation will assist in leveraging the commercialization of additional unique, Lao ABD-based products, Lao clean agriculture products support green, and sustainable agriculture policy. Moreover there update on WOCAT sustainable land management technologies and practices was presented.
The day will end with an update on the rapidly expanding PhaKhaLao Agrobiodiversity website database, activities and future directions.
The photos of SSWG on ABD meeting as below:
National Sustainable Land Management knowledge management database, visit the website click here
For the presentations are available to download below:
- Strategic Framework for Green and Sustainable Agriculture in Lao PDR: Regional Workshop Results and Beyond
- Potential Climate-Smart Futures for agricultural production and commercialization
- Scaling-up Sustainable Land Management (SLM) practices by smallholder farmers
- Lao: ການຂະຫຍາຍເຕັກນີກການຈັ
- Clean agriculture production to support green growth
Success stories of bringing ABD products to markets
- Yuni Coffee Co., LTD
- (Accessing the Chinese EU market) Tea
- Domestic and Asia Regional Market: KhaiPhen
Presentation of Phakhaolao platform