Workshop Objectives: The objective of workshop is to share the results of Rice – Potato – Rice rotational model; discuss about the results of study and also to get the comment to improve the study and also to disseminate the research model to practice.
Time: From 8 AM to 11:30 AM of 22 June
Location: Meeting room of Tan Duc Commune, Phu Binh District, Thai Nguyen Province
Number of Participants: about 50 people
Participants: The representatives of local authorities of Phu Binh District, Provincial Extension Center, District Extension Center, Phu Tho High Tech Agricultural materials Seeding Company, farmers, ICC staffs.
The results of Workshop:
- After the presentation of ICC about the study on SRI- Potatoes rotation model and reports from the farmers implementing the study. There are comments for the project report as follows:
- The study has showed some issues of rice production in Tan Duc Commune. The data results of study has also showed economic efficiency, society and environment of rice production of Tan Duc Commune between traditional rice cultivation model and SRI model, rotational Rice – Rice and Rice – Potatoes – Rice model.
- The study has also showed some advantages and difficulties of farmers when they join in the Rice – Potatoes – Rice rotational model. It is very important to build a strong relationship between farmers and enterprises.
- Through the process of implementing the project activities have drawn the lessons in the process of cooperation between farmers and enterprise.
- About the support of provincial and district authorities: need to get the results of study as a basis to build expand plan. Calling enterprises to link in production and bring rice, Potatoes to the market in value chain.
- For the enterprise: Some enterprise has agreed with farmers to cooperate on rice production such as Que Lam enterprise (50 ha) organic rice production. Tan Nông Company plans to sign the contract with farmers for 20 ha tomato growing in Tan Duc Commune, Thu Pho seeding company plans to grow J02 variety in the spring season of 2019.
- For the local authorities: The support of local authority on practical research and transferring the technical progress for farmers plays an important role for the success of study. The cooperation between ICC and authority work together to support farmers and to link between enterprises – farmer