The Agroecology Learning Alliance in South East Asia (ALiSEA) is looking for a 5-6 months intern based in Laos, starting from May 2017.
This internship is part of the co-evaluation process of the Sustainable Rice System (SRS). Its objective is to bring different stakeholders together (Non Profit Association, INGO and academia / research) to document the impact of a specific AE practice with new set of indicators and to assess in depth the mode of appropriation & dissemination in different geographic areas.
Proposed mission for the Jr researcher (MSc student)
- To conduct a literature review about key performances indicators for agroecological systems
- To review the Monitoring & Evaluation indicators available at grass root level (development partners level)
- To refine the proposed indicators and elaborate the data collection framework that will be put in place over the rice growing season
- To conduct in depth interviews with SRS and non SRS farmers, DAFO & PAFO staff, SAEDA, CCL & ARMI staff in respective area of intervention
- To document case studies of successful SRS farmers compared to traditional Rice growing farmers,
- To document case studies of successful dissemination and adoption cases
- To document investment cost & gross margin for supporting adaptability / mass adoption of SRS
- MSc student with background in agroecology / agronomy / agriculture economics
- Experience in conducting field survey (with semi structured interviews)
- Ability to speak and to write report in English
More detailed information here