Application Deadline: 30/11/2017
Goal of the ALiSEA Website
ALiSEA website (https://ali-sea.org) is an attractive and user-friendly regional online knowledge-sharing platform on agroecology.
This website is instrumental for ALiSEA as a regional network since it fosters information and document sharing, enhance visibility of its members’ initiatives, and contributes to a better credibility of agroecology practices towards farmers’ federations, consumers and policy makers.
In the long run, ALiSEA’s goal is to enable local and regional agroecology stakeholders to leverage one another’s expertise to produce evidence based studies and share them broadly to support a regional transition towards agroecology.
Research dissemination and analysis, updates on local, national and regional agroecology related events, mapping past, current and future field level initiatives…—all shared via the ALiSEA website—are meant to make this possible.
The ALiSEA website must stay dynamic, informative, and appealing—adding value to members’ work—if it is to successfully persuade busy members of the governmental and nongovernmental agroecology community to join, participate, and sustain their interest over the long-term.
JOB DESCRIPTION / working arrangements
The ALiSEA website content manager will work under the direct supervision and close support of the ALiSEA Regional Coordinator (expatriate based at Vientiane, Lao PDR) and the National Network Facilitator (lao national, based in Vientiane, Lao PDR).
This position is full time, about 22 days per month.
The ALiSEA website content manager will be based at Vientiane at GRET office with potential travels within the country and the Mekong Region.
The ALiSEA website content manager will support the ALiSEA network in managing part of the website, especially:
- Summarize resources (articles, reports, books) and upload them to the online library (https://ali-sea.org/online-library/)
- Upload posts about conferences, workshops, forum, training
- Upload job and training vacancies
- Create and manage a photo database
- Manage ALiSEA YouTube channel and upload videos whenever necessary
- Organize knowledge products collected from all SG initiatives
- Degree in fields related to Information Technology (IT), Computer science, Communication
Experience, skills and knowledge:
- Good command of pack office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher),
- Good command of WordPress and Social Media (Facebook, YouTube….)
- Good command of Lao and English languages
- Interest for Rural Development, Sustainable Livelihoods, Food Security, Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Farmers’ Associations or Non-Profit Associations
- Ability to deal with a range of people from various cultures and different capacities
- Ability to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Ability to show perseverance and tenacity
- Good knowledge in mapping and statistic software is a plus
- Knowledge about Organic Farming, System of Rice Intensification, Agroforestry, Integrated Pest Management, Conservation Agriculture, Rural livelihoods, Participatory approach would be a valuable asset
More detailed information ToR_ALiSEA_intern_website