Title: Promotion of indigenous knowledge based climate change resilient and organic farming practices in the northern mountainous region of Vietnam
Organization: Agriculture and Forestry Research & Development Center for Mountainous Region (ADC)
Summary: This projects aims to promote indigenous knowledge based climate change resilient livelihoods and organic farming practices, which have been developed by local communities in Bac Kan province with support from the ADC. In these models, 10 local CSOs (NorthNet members) in the northern mountainous region of Vietnam successfully made themselves micro-organic fertilizers from micro-fungi and local agriculture wastes.
- Consolidating the indigenous knowledge based climate change resilient and organic farming practices.
- Documenting farming practices for sharing (guideline, reports, handbook).
- Organizing a sharing experience study tour for key farmers, CSOs, local government officials.
- Training workshop on scaling up the indigenous knowledge based agroecological practices.
- Supporting NorthNet members, local governments to scale up the practices.
- Promoting Indigenous Knowledge and Good Agricultural Practices in Climate Change Adaptation (English&Vietnam)
- A story of Mrs Phuong
- A story of Mr Hai
Budget granted by ALiSEA: 10,000 USD