HAPPY CHANDARA recruits
Deputy Permaculture Supervisor – Vulgarization
French Non-Profit Organization – Provide high-level education to under-privileged girls
Happy Chandara School was created by the French association “Toutes à l’Ecole”. This school is supported by donations from individuals and foundations from European countries, including France, Belgium and Luxembourg. Happy Chandara School is composed of a primary, a secondary and a high school as well as a vocational training center and a boarding school. Our school offers high quality free education to underprivileged young girls coming from the Prek Thmey area, located about 20 km south of Phnom Penh. Now, approximately 1100 students follow the Khmer program and benefit from additional courses such as foreign languages and IT classes.
- Ensure the development of permaculture activity (raised mounds of vegetables gardening) and project follow-up with gardeners and families in training.
- Provide translation for the supervisor.
- Running the permaculture project in the absence of the supervisor.
Tasks and routine activities in missions:
1. Within the pilot farms: implementation of practical training strategy for farmers in the area.
- Farmers training at Happy Chandara (HC)
- Follow-up and supervision of the HC team on the “model” farms during site visit.
- Linking the farmers with each other and with potential buyers, with a view to the certification of their production and their inclusion in a sale channel.
- Project analysis follow-up (profit per m², yield per m²).
2. On the grounds of Happy Chandara: Maintenance permaculture of the vegetable gardens permaculture in the absence of the project manager to ensure their productivity.
3. Contribution to educational activities:
- Supervision of permaculture workshops or courses in collaboration with other subjects.
- Development of the documentary collection of the three HC libraries on the themes of clean agriculture and sustainable development.
4. Structuring of the community outreach activities:
- Animation and maintenance of the discovery trail on both sites (secondary school and high school)
5. Welcoming Cambodian trainees from Cambodian training entities.
6. Develop and maintain the contact network among the actors of organic agriculture including associations, companies, farmers ’groups, research institutes and Cambodian universities.
- Agriculture degree (bac +4) of agriculture with experience in popularization
- Experience or notions in permaculture appreciated
- Speak French or/and English and Khmer
• Advantageous salary conditions.
• Transport provided from Phnom Penh or transport allowance.
• Working hours: 40 hours/week
Download job desciption hereafter: 20170517_JD_JA_Adjoint Superviseur Permaculture-Vulgarisation -Eng