The Center for Development and Integration (CDI) is a Vietnamese non-government, non-profit organization working for the rights of the disadvantaged groups to build a society of equity, solidarity, and sustainable development. For over last ten years, CDI has been working hard with a vision that aims to socio-economic development and good governance to build a society in which the poor, women, men, and children are respected and treated fairly in the context of rapid economic integration in Viet Nam and Asia.
CDI is an active Vietnamese NGO, contributing to narrow down the social gaps and find solutions to the emerging issues of the society through supporting activities, advocacy and capacity building. We focus on 3 working themes: labor rights, good governance and inclusive growth.
CDI have small grants from Irish Aid in Vietnam to organize the training and learning exchange between Vietnamese NGOs and Lao NPOs. The training and learning exchange for Lao and Vietnamese delegation as mentioned above would help actors to (i) more understand on environments and institutions of politics, economic, social (ii) learning on Sustainable Agriculture Development in Vietnam and Lao PDR (iii) Formulate network/market for agriculture productivity.
In 2015, CDI organised and host a delegation of Laos NPAs and farmer groups to Vietnam to exchange learning visit. In 2018, after arrangement and planning, CDI is able to work in partnership with Oxfam Laos to arganize this learning exchange focusing shared learning on agricultural sustainable development and inclusive growth.
Expected outputs from the exchange visit is:
- Improve content of the environments and agroecology Learn and Share about best practice on develop the sustainable agriculture, sustainable practice between Laos – Vietnam farmers/ producers;
- Improve and learn models of the market access of farmers’ agriculture products (market, key products, processing, value chain);
- Set up/building relationship between Vietnam NGOs and Laos NPOs
The delegation from Laos include 15 persons who are representatives of NGOs work on Sustainable Agriculture Development sector and farmer/producers and 6 producers/ cooperatives in Laos.
This event was organized around a three-days meeting alternating presentations, insightful talks and field visits:
- December 12, 2018: Workshop training on sustainable dev’t and some agroecology practices;
- December 13, 2018: Visit farm/ markets in Vientiane Capital (Nalee farm, Organic market…);
- December 14, 2018: Exchanging with Laos NPOs work on agriculture sector (Visit ASDSP/ LFP office, factory, shop and visit Agro-Asie shop)
Presentations that have supported the discussions are available for download below: