ICCO Cooperation (Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation) is a Dutch organization with 50 years of experience and global presence of five regional offices. The regional office in South East Asia implements programs in Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia and Vietnam. Together with our partners from the public and private sector ICCO works towards a justice and dignified life for all, by promoting opportunities for economic empowerment and inclusive development.
All together with other implementing partners, ICCO Cooperation will implement one project called The Cooperation for Women’s Economic Development Project Phase II (CWED II) which is funded by Women’s Bank (WB) from 2018-2020.
Target areas: The planned project will be implemented in 17 WACs in four provinces of Battambang, Pursat, Kampong Chhnang and Kampong Speu.
(CWED II) will contribute to the women’s economic and social empowerment through strengthening management and operational capacity of 17 Women’s Agricultural Cooperative (WAC) committees and assuring that WACs will be able to provide more and better service for an increased number of members. ICCO’s role in the project is to provide expertise in WACs’ business model development in term of management and operational capacity (Output 1) and scaling up businesses in term of WAC’s capacity to provide service (Output 2).
Therefore, ICCO is seeking the positions below to fulfill the task as below:
Project Officer Field (1 Position)
Agriculture, Business Administration, Rural development, Community Development
- Location: Kampong Speu
- Schedule: Full-time
- Salary: N/A
- Assist the Project Coordinator in implementing the program so it runs well including coming to work on time, completing assigned tasks, alerting the Project Coordinator to any problems which are blocking the project goals;
- Participate in WACs group to do assessment on current management status of WACs;
- Coach, mentor, strengthen, and support WACs in order to have smooth daily operation of their business;
- Communicate with horticulture buyers in order to build a good partnership for WACs;
- Facilitate and communicate with counterparts including – local authorities, NGOs, private sectors, and other stakeholders;
- Conduct and organize trainings, workshops, seminars and events for WACs;
- Support WACs in developing of horticulture production plan in order to make sure the WACs could supply the demand of buyers on time;
- Submit the report as per requested (both in Khmer and English language) including writing stories, case studies, and collecting pictures of project’s progress;
- Other duties associated implementing project assigned by Project Coordinator.
- Academic degree, bachelor degree or certified trainings in development studies, agriculture, business administration or similar, with a strong interest or experience in the agribusiness;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experiences in the field of agribusiness;
- Familiar with project development and M&E tools, like log frames and theory of change;
- Affinity with marketing, communication and social media;
- Good social and team workings skills;
- Good computer literacy;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Active driver status and possession of own vehicle (motorbike) is mandatory;
- Experience working in loan & saving for village or microfinance is the plus.
Junior Marketing & Communication Officer
Sales / Marketing, Communications
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Schedule: Full-time, Short-term
- Salary: $200 – $300
- Business Development & Partnerships Unit
- Duration: 6 months, with possibility for extension
- Start date: April 2019 (preferred)
- Availability: 40hrs per week (Monday to Friday)
The role of the junior Communication & Marketing officer will be to support the regional communication officer and program team in conducting communication activity in the country, specifically related to ICCO Cambodia projects and occasionally lending support to general communication tasks for the region. The junior communication officer will be expected to assist in producing various communication materials, including flyers, banners, news items and blogs. They will also be expected to support the program team with information collection through field visits and workshops/trainings.
- Design and develop communication and marketing materials for ICCO Cambodia projects, such as posters, flyers, booklets, etc;
- Collect photos, videos and stories from beneficiaries and partners relating to ICCO project in Cambodia (based on field visit activities);
- Assist Program Officers in organizing a Youth Agribusiness Bootcamp;
- Train project beneficiaries and partners on basic social media usage;
- Take minutes and assist Program Officers in drafting workshop reports;
- Develop weekly social media content for postings onto the ICCO ROSEA Facebook and Twitter pages; including project news and other relevant up-to-date news;
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Marketing and/or Communication BA degree (preferably Fresh Graduate);
- Fluent Khmer and Excellent English: spoken and written;
- Strongly preferred: Knowledge of Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator);
- Added value: Knowledge of Social Media analytics.
For clarification on the position, please send emails to email (Ms. Sinat Hin:[email protected]; Ms. Nural Aeni: [email protected]; Ms. Dini Kamayana: [email protected]) or call phone number: 017 700 908 provided in the contact detail.
All applications (motivation letter + CV, including portfolio for design work) should be sent by email provided before the closing date.
ICCO reserves the right to close the opening if a suitable candidate is found before the closing date. If you are shortlisted for the position, you will be contacted for an oral and written interview towards the end of March.
ICCO gives equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion or political affiliations.
Learning opportunities for position of Junior Marketing & Communication Officer:
- General understanding of the work and mission of ICCO Cooperation in the country, region and globally.
- Insight and hands-on experience in conducting communication activities at programmatic, national and regional levels.
- Working experience in the international development sector and in a multicultural environment.