The regional workshop on the Application of the FAO Global Analytical Framework for the multidimensional assessment of Agroecology was co-organized by RAP, AGA, and AGPME in the framework of FAO Strategic Program on Sustainable Agriculture (SP2). This tool has been developed as part of the Global Knowledge Product on Agroecology through a multi-stakeholder collaborative process. The objective of the workshop is to introduce this analytical framework to FAO staff in decentralized offices in the region and to external partners engaged in agroecological approaches (CSOs, academia, research institutions, and NGOs) so that they can apply it in their various contexts. This event is seen as coming during a critical moment to fine-tune and contextualize the tool and provide evidence and case studies on the performance of Agroecology across many different dimensions of sustainability.
For a Prezi link and presentations are available to download below:
- FAO’s global work on agroecology and the scaling-up the initiative
- TAPE: a Tool for Agroecology Performance Evaluation
- Selection of territories, farms, and communities for testing the framework
- Step 0: Description of systems and context
- CAET: Characterization of Agroecological Transition
- Regional workshop on the application of the FAO global analytical framework for the multidimensional assessment of Agroecology: Way forwards