Since 2011 GIZ ASEAN Sustainable Agrifood Systems (ASEAN-SAS) have been cooperating closely with delegates of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery (MAFF) from the Department of Agricultural Legislation (DAL) and General Directorate of Agriculture (GDA) as well with agricultural experts of all ASEAN Member States to develop the ASEAN Guideline on the Regulation, Use and Trade of Biocontrol Agents (BCA).
The purpose of the guideline aims to create a regional blueprint for national regulation and implementation strategies, harmonization of registration requirements and ASEAN recommendation for national regulations and policies.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) and the GIZ, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, through the ASEAN Sustainable Agrifood Systems project has organized a workshop on dissemination of the registration form of the biocontrol agents, the Prakas No. 526 on Imposing Usage of Sample Documents for Commercial Biological Control Agents (BCA).
The main objectives of this event are to:
- Raise awareness on registration form as key element to make BCA official available in Cambodia
- Share and discuss the experiences, activities, and lessons learned by BCA application
All presentations are available for download hereafter:
- Presentation the key content of registration form and registration application procedure and activities of MAFF to promote BCA
- Presentation the market demand for biocontrol agents regional/ Global
- Sharing experiences, lesion learned and Recommendation with BCA application for crop protection by World Vegetable Center
- Sharing Experience, Lessons learned and Recommendation from IPM Trial
- Efficacy of BCA in managing rice pests and diseases: EPIC interim results