Organization: Natural Agriculture Village Shop
Summary: Certification of organic vegetables by third party is costly and hardly reachable to smallholders. The project aims at introducing and promoting a low-cost and locally-based quality assurance system: “Participatory Guarantee System (PGS)”. The project will also raise awareness among consumers on health and environmental benefits of ecologically grown products, and on the significant support of PGS to the improvement of organic farmers’ livelihoods.
Localization: Svay Prateal, Koh Khsach Tonel and Krang Yov communes, Sa Ang District, Kandal province, Cambodia.
- Supporting producer groups to establish and implement Participatory Guarantee System.
- Raising awareness among consumers and build their trust on locally-based certified products by engaging them in the certification process.
- Promote organic standards and organic shops good performance.
- NAV – Case Study 1: Story of MR and MS Chheangmeng
- NAV – Case Study 2: PGS Organic Veggies and Market Support in Cambodia
Budget granted by ALiSEA: 7,832 USD