HELVETAS Laos is a development organization operating in Laos since 2001. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
Job title: Project Manager for Connecting for Nutrition (C4N) Project
Location: In Viengphoukha district, Luang Namtha province, with travel to Vientiane, Bokeo, Ngoy and project villages
Date of entry: Early and before May 2020
- Setup and maintain administrative and financial systems required to support, monitor and supervise the C4N District Offices and cooperation with NPAs.
- Ensure that financial flow is provided according to the contracts and agreements and that activities are implemented timely.
- Prepare the agreements, advance requests for activities and reports with partner organizations and support them to implement the agreements by providing the necessary support.
- Introduce and maintain uniform planning, implementation and reporting system for activities leading to the project’s results.
- Ensure timely submission of narrative and financial reports which are objective, accurate, comprehensive and transparent, and support responding to donors’ questions where needed.
- Advise on methodologies and tools for activity implementation including adequate integration of gender and social equity, environment, and sustainability
- Initiate and support suitable platforms for joint action planning and coordination on improved food and nutrition system services between CSOs, CBOs, and relevant public and private actors at district, provincial and national levels.
- Ensure reflection and learning amongst CSOs and CBOs, including CSOs’ participation in the SUN CSA network.
- Maintain active dialogue with project partners and key government stakeholder (MoU partner and others), to ensure smooth implementation of the project
- Bachelor or Master degree in Agriculture, rural development, business management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in partnership building and multi-stakeholder cooperation involving INGO, GoL, NPAs and village-groups (CBOs); and working experience in management; M&E & reporting; nutrition and civil society engagement
- Good organizer, dynamic and pro-active, initiator of new ideas.
- Knowledge of and experience in democratic processes and citizen participation in social, political, environmental & economic development
- Motivates people, networker, strategic thinker
- Good interpersonal skills promote team spirit and mutual learning
- Ability to assess and analyze the project’s progress and steer for results
- Good verbal and written communication and presentational skills
- Good communication skills in the English language
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field
- Computer proficiency (Office software, internet, and email).
Please submit your application with a short letter of interest (including expected salary) and a CV by email to [email protected] or by post mail to HELVETAS Laos, PO Box 6367, Ban Phonthan, Saysettha District, Vientiane Capital
Deadline: 03rd of March 2020
For a more detailed job description and information on the project, please contact [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HELVETAS is a gender, culture, race, creed, political and religion-neutral organization, promoting inclusion and tolerance, respect and fair treatment for and between all employees, partners, contributors, participants, and
beneficiaries. Women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.