Link to event: https://www.casiccambodia.net/tarasa
Date: 24-27 OCTOBER 2023
Time: 08:30 AM – 17:00 PM (GMT +7)
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Transitioning Towards Agroecology and Regenerative Agriculture: A Contribution to Food Systems Transformation (TARASA23) is an international workshop that focuses on the contemporary and unprecedented challenges on a global scale and more specifically the Asia-Pacific region regarding the transition towards agroecology and regenerative agriculture.
The workshop will gather regional and international experts, policymakers, scientists, and representatives from civil society and other constituencies to share their experience and knowledge in the fields of Agroecology and Regenerative Agriculture, which would support the transition towards sustainable farming and food systems.
Objectives of the Workshop:
- To share and learn from different experiences in Asia and the Pacific related to agroecology and regenerative agriculture to support farming and food systems transitioning.
- To discuss how to scale the successes and learn from the failures; a major output of the workshop will be to identify the key research and intervention areas to be addressed in each sub-system (technologies/ education/ implementation/ policy/ finance) to support the transitioning towards regenerative agriculture through agroecology in Asia and Pacific.
- To draft a roadmap for an ASEAN Agroecology coalition chapter.
Who should attend?
The event is open to anyone interested in learning more about agroecology and regenerative agriculture, or in getting involved in the movement to transform our food systems. This includes:
- Farmers and ranchers
- Scientists and researchers
- Policymakers and government officials
- Food system advocates and activists
How to register for the event?
To register for the event, please visit the following link: HERE
If you are working in the field of Agroecology and Regenerative Agriculture towards food systems, we would be happy to hear and learn about your experiences of your work. Be one of our speakers during the event by submitting your abstracts following link: HERE
Why this event is important?
The transition to agroecology and regenerative agriculture is essential for creating a more sustainable and equitable food system. These approaches can help us to produce more food with less environmental impact, while also improving the livelihoods of farmers and other food producers.
This event provides an opportunity to learn more about these approaches and how to support their implementation. It is a must-attend event for anyone who is interested in the future of food and agriculture.
If you are interested in learning more about agroecology and regenerative agriculture, or if you are looking for ways to transform our food systems, we encourage you to attend this event.