On 24th March, 2022, ALiSEA Team in Cambodia and the ASSET Team Project co-organized an online workshop to discuss, review and reach common understanding of the Agroecology and Food System Principles, concrete field experiences and constraints in the context of Cambodia.
This consultation workshop is part of the participatory process to build a common vision and understanding of the agricultural and food system and the changes needed to achieve agroecological and sustainable food systems transitions at national level.
The consultation was organized into five sessions:
- Introduction to set the scene
- Identification of key words for Agroecology & Safe Food System
- Formulation of principles and practices
- Present the existing frame of AE concepts
- Wrap up and next steps
In total, 32 participants joined the online workshop (ALiSEA Members and key stakeholders engaged in Agroecology).
Klaxoon app was used to support the online discussions via zoom video conference. All the results of discussions are available on the Klaxoon here: https://app.klaxoon.com/animate/board/NGWPUWY
All presentations can be downloaded here
- Introduction to set the scene – Ms Lucie Reynaud (GRET/ ALiSEA Regional Coordinator)
- Presentation on agriculture context and problems identified in Cambodia – Ms. Somaly Oum (Ecoland/ALiSEA Knowledge Management)
- Presentation on the 10 Agroecological Elements of FAO and 13 of HLPE – Ms. Celia Del Campo Aragones (DCA / ALiSEA Theory of Change Officer).
How agroecology promotes resilience of our food systems? To watch the film: https://vimeo.com/436826466
Minutes of the meeting (including list of participants and video recording of the session)