The PROSAFE project being implemented by Mekong Institute with the generous funding support from the New Zealand Aid Programme (NZAP) aims to strengthen agri-food safety capabilities of agri-food supply chain stakeholders in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam – CLMV. The project’s main goal is to promote food safety through a coordinated approach to knowledge and skills development.
Apart from addressing the country-identified training needs, the project promotes strong partnerships and collaboration between the public and the private sector and provides support in the application of knowledge and skills through a planned outreach. This event is the first in a series of multi-stakeholder events and activities planned for Lao PDR in 2021 under the PROSAFE project.
The PROSAFE project organized by Mekong Institute with the generous funding support from the New Zealand Aid Programme (NZAP) aims to strengthen agrifood safety capabilities of agri-food supply chain stakeholders in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam – CLMV.
The project’s key features are:
- Promoting food safety along the horticultural value chain
- Involvement of the public and private sectors
- Addressing country-identified training needs
- Planned outreach to support the application of knowledge and skills
- Use of New Zealand and regional food safety expertise
The national multi-stakeholder events and activities such as fora and learning events are part of the planned outreach to support application of knowledge and skills among public and private sectors.
Mekong Institute (MI) is organizing a PROSAFE Forum on “Know Your Food Law” on March 9, 2021 at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
The forum, titled “Knowing Your Food Law” aims to:
- Increase awareness of Lao PDR Food Law and its implementation (including food import and export requirements) among agri-food private sectors;
- Strengthen engagement between food safety officials and agri-food private sector; and
- Provide knowledge exchange avenue for public and private sectors in the agri-food supply chain
The forum will be conducted in Lao language and translation service is provided.
For more information
Should you have any questions, kindly contact Ms. Ratna Devi Nadarajan at ra…@mkeonginstitute.org, Ms Jutamas Thongcharoen at jut…@mekonginstitute.org copy Ms. Maria Theresa S. Medialdia, Director of Agricultural Development and Commercialization Department at ma…@mekonginstitute.org or call +66 (0) 4320 2268.