The Mountain Partnership Secretariat, in collaboration with the Sapienza University of Rome, Bioversity International and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is launching a Summer School titled “Agrobiodiversity in a Changing Climate – Sustainable production, fragile ecosystems, resilience to global changes”, which will be held at the Department of Environmental Biology, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy.
The course is residential and full-time, from 24 September to 05 October 2018 for a total of 84 hours, of which at least 70 hours are dedicated to lectures and classroom-style learning.
Students who will attend at least 75% of the scheduled activities will obtain a Higher Education Course (HEC) Certificate of Attendance and 4 University Credits recognized in the European University system within a Master’s degree course whose contents should be consistent with HEC.
Tuition fees will be 600 euro, which does not include: travel, visa, accommodation, meals and insurance costs.
Scholarships. Thanks to the financial support of the Italian Development Cooperation, the Mountain Partnership Secretariat will offer full scholarships to six candidates from developing countries that will be selected among all applicants. The scholarships will cover tuition fees, travel costs, accommodation and meals for the entire duration of the course.
The scholarship recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- At least BA/BSc or MSc degree in agriculture, agronomy, forestry, botany, geography, natural resource management, environmental science, rural development, socio-economic sciences or related fields;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Working experience with national or local institutions, farmers’ organizations, civil society organizations or research institutions that have a specific interest/involvement in the improvement, strengthening and valorisation of value chains derived from local agrobiodiversity in mountain areas is desirable;
- Previous involvement in the Mountain Partnership Products initiative is desirable.
- Application form;
- Photocopy of a valid identity document, duly signed and legible;
- Self-certification declaring the obtained university degree;
- Photocopy of “Declaration of Value” from an Italian consulate;
- Signed declaration of consent for processing personal data;
- Short CV;
- Motivation letter.
For more detail:
Admitted participants will be contacted via email and requested to enrol in the Sapienza University Information System.